Self drive Criteria
- Age 20 years and over
- Understand the collision avoidance regulations
- Read and abide by our terms and conditions
- you do need to demonstrate sound knowledge and boating experience
On the day
- All Skippers require a safety briefing prior to hire, this can be on the day of hire or by prior arrangement in advance. please allow up to 1 hour for the briefing.
- Pick up can be the day before, depending on availability, please ring to arrange a time.
- Pick ups from 7am and returns by 7pm on day of hire.
Boat Hire Costs
Our boats are available all year round. Note we are closed on public holidays for pick and delivery. So boats have to be collected prior to a public holiday.
All prices include GST@15%
- Low Season: 1st April - 20th December: Minimum hire: 1 Day $300
- Peak Period: Christmas period 21st December - 5th January: Minimum Hire: 2 days $385 per day over this 2 week period. Early booking is advised for this Christmas period. Some 1 day hires are available during this period $400 per day 21st - 23th December 27th - 30th 3rd-6th January pick up only: subject to availability
- High Season: Summer 6th January - 31st March : Minimum hire: 1 Day $350
- Water toys: Ski biscuits, knee boards, water skis, fishing rods etc are also available to hire, see our fun stuff page for full details.
- A security bond of $1,500 NZ will need to be taken in the form of a credit card impression before or on the day of collection. Any damage or loss will be deducted from this. Please note that you are libel for the first $1,500 of any insurance claim. Failure or refusing to pay the bond will result in you being liable for the entire loss of equipment and or the vessel.
- We expect all Hirers and or Skippers to have read our standard terms and conditions before booking.
- We will ask you what experience you have to operate the boat safely.
By prearrangement we can also arrange delivery and or collection of a boat to your favourite location. Collecting and delivery are dependent on driver availability. Please note hirers are responsible for all ramp fees.
Port Nelson Marina boat ramp $50 drop off and pick up
Kaiteriteri beach $100 drop off and pick up
Nelson Lakes $300
- *Golden Bay $300
- *Marlborough Sounds $300 (Includes Havelock, Okiwi Bay).
- *Picton Marina $310
*2 days minimum hire for these locations. price includes both delivery and pick up