Purpose of policy
This policy describes how The Diverse Boat Company Ltd. collects and processes your personal data through your use of this website.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
We may change the terms of this policy from time to time. This version is dated May 2018.
Data controller and privacy officer
The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier; marital status; title; date of birth; gender; data contained on a passport, photocard driving licence or other identity card; and data contained in photographs, videos and CCTV images.
- Contact Data includes home address and billing address (if different), email address and telephone numbers.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing material from us and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this policy.
How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity and Contact Data in using our website. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- subscribe to our publications;
- request marketing material to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- complete one of our enquiry forms;
- provide us with feedback:
- Third parties. We may receive Technical Data about you from Google Analytics.
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data where the law allows us to, including in the following circumstances:
- To provide and improve our services to you and our clients.
- To fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations.
- To manage our relationship with you and our clients.
- To market our services.
- For the purposes of recruitment.
- To provide and improve this website.
- To compile anonymous statistics (for example, regarding web usage).
- For other legitimate business purposes.
Change of purpose
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
Disclosure of your personal data
We do not sell, distribute or otherwise make personal data commercially available to any party, except as described in this policy or with your prior permission.
We may have to share your personal data with:
- Other Diverse Boat company Entities (defined as The Diverse Boat Company Group and persons, bodies corporate or partnerships controlled (directly or indirectly) by it).
- Our auditors, insurers or a competent governmental or regulatory body.
- Third party service providers.
- Another third party if our client lawfully instructs us to do so.
Protection of your personal data
We take the security of the personal data we hold seriously. Policies and procedures are in place to safeguard it from loss, misuse and improper disclosure.
We also have procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
All our third-party service providers and other Diverse Boat Company entities are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
For how long will we use your personal data?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, regulatory or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider:
- the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the data;
- the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of the data;
- the purposes for which we process the data; and
- the applicable legal requirements.
If you have opted out of receiving future publications from us, your contact details will remain on our opt-out list to prevent you from receiving any further publications from us.
Your legal rights
We assume responsibility for keeping an accurate record of personal data once you have submitted the information. Please inform us of any changes to your information.
You are entitled to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request the correction or erasure of your personal data.
- Object to the processing of your personal data.
- Request a restriction of processing of your personal data.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party.
- Withdraw consent at any time, where we are relying on consent to process your personal data.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us to confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Third party websites and social media platforms
You may wish to participate in the various social media platforms hosted by us. However, we do not accept any responsibility for any personal information that you share on such platforms that is subsequently used, misused or otherwise appropriated by another user.
If you are concerned about an alleged breach of privacy law or any other regulation by us please contact our privacy officer who will ensure that your complaint is investigated.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.